Xeriscaping DesignXeriscaping, pronounced “zero-scaping”, is a hybrid of the Greek word xero, which means “dry,” and the word “landscaping.” The word itself literally means dry-landscaping. Xeriscaping employs certain landscaping design techniques that help to conserve water, but still allows you to utilize a majority of the plants you want. Our highly-knowledgeable team can help implement these landscaping measures that will cut down on water bills and help protect the environment by conserving the water normally spent watering your plants. Xeriscaping is widely used in regions that are susceptible to drought or where water restrictions are employed. With watering regulations readily in place, Xeriscaping offers great landscaping solutions for areas like Dallas. For example, plants whose natural requirements are appropriate to the local climate are emphasized, and care is taken to avoid losing water to evaporation and run-off. This is great for drier regions!
Some of the advantages of Xeriscaping include:
- Lower consumption of imported and/or ground water
- More water available for other uses
- Less maintenance needed (no lawn to cut)
- Xeriscape plants in appropriate planting design take full advantage of rainfall retention
- When water restrictions are implemented (as they often are in the Central Texas Area), Xeriscape plants tend to survive and thrive
- Can be more visually appealing than regular lawns.